Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dancing at Midnight




Okay, so I dance the dance. Fool around, think about writing, then go clean the closet, think about writing again and whoops, got to get supper, then must do laundry.

What is this? I put off cleaning the closets, don’t like to cook as much as I used to, and laundry is done while I’m watching television any other night of the week.

So why the big push to do stuff I don’t like to do? Because it’s time to write. That’s why.

It’s the strangest phenomenon. 

And I have no explanation. Until I talked to my writer friend tonight at 2:45 am as we are checking in to report word counts and plot ideas.

What? At that hour? Well of course, what do you expect? After cleaning a closet, making dinner and putting two loads of laundry into the machine, I finally give up and sit down to write.

And what time is it?

Midnight. And I’ve known all day I wanted to write.

So, I am formally dubbing myself Midnight Writer.

And that’s that.

If I have to start at that hour, I may as well own up.

Writers are crazy. Crazy about what they do. Love what they do. Avoid the process like the plague but glory in the results. Go figure.

Midnight Writer….strikes again.





https://www.facebook.com/patricia.strefling.author

2 comments:

nana1945 said...

Nice -- I like! Blessings to you friend!

Patricia Strefling said...

Thank you Patty! Figured I may as well own up...no matter how hard I try, midnight is usually my starting hour!

Leah and I are glad to know you! You bring sunshine into our lives! With all your pretties and the fact you care about us and what we do!! Blessings to you Patty..